Being eco-friendly usually means buying less, reusing more and making your own. Chances are you have already started thinking about what you can do. Below are just a few small green and eco-friendly ideas that could easily be incorporated into daily life.
Pick a few. Involve the family, set some challenges. Once they become habits, pick some more. Gradually increase and before you know, your life will be much more eco-friendly.
- Plant some simple vegetable plants in your backyard. You could even do this in a container.
- Get a reusable water bottle and carry it with you.
- Wash your clothes on a lower temperature setting.
- Switch your light bulbs to energy efficient bulbs.
- Reuse your shopping bags.
- Walk if you can.
- Before you buy new check if there might be a second hand alternative.
- Collect rainwater to repurpose in the backyard.
- Line dry your laundry.
- Use a menstrual cup or reusable pads.
- Switch to cloth diapers.
- Use cloth instead of paper to clean your kitchen.
- Donate unwanted items to be reused.
- Take reusable cups, cutlery and containers for takeaway food and alfresco eating.
- Eat less meat.
I hope you’ve found some inspiration. To find out more about sustainable living please click here